Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Physical Graffiti


There was a time when I thought that I might never buy another Led Zeppelin album.  This was back when it seemed like every other song on the radio was either "Stairway To Heaven" or "Free Bird".  It got to where I hated to even turn the radio on, knowing it wouldn't be long before I'd hear the opening notes of "Stairway".  (Or "Free Bird".)  And then I'd scream, "No!", as I rushed to turn it off.

So I swore off Led Zeppelin because of the "Stairway To Heaven" overkill, a decision that was reinforced by their next album, "Houses Of The Holy", which had moments of brilliance but for the most part was kind of lame. 

Then they released Physical Graffiti and reeled me right back in.

If I had to pick the five greatest Rock 'N Roll albums, Physical Graffiti would definitely make that list.   


















No comments:

Post a Comment