Sunday, December 1, 2019

Boogie in the Mud



With all the rain this year, I've been wallowing in mud since last April.  There was a brief respite when we got an early snow in November and the mud froze up.  Then the snow melted, which was followed by another week or two of rain.

This morning, I woke up at three to the sound of more rain and thunder.  When my husband let the dogs out at five-thirty, the rain had turned to snow.  Two hours later, it was back to rain although by then it was just spitting.

Anyway, I had to go pick up a buck goat this morning so I could breed some of my does this year.  And as these animals will do when they're moved to a new place, he panicked as soon as I got him out of my truck...  put the buck in buckin', so to speak.  That boy was leaping and throwing himself all around, dang near pulling my arm out of the socket, but I held on to his leash until he tired himself out.  Then I began walking him to the pen where a couple of does were waiting.

We were almost to the pen when he decided to throw another hissy fit.  And right as I almost got him under control, my foot slid on the slush and mud, and down I went.

Proud to say, I managed to hang on to that buck even as my butt hit the ground.  I may be getting old, but I'm still tough enough to wrestle with an angry buck.

So now I'm wet, muddy and smelling like a he-goat.

That calls for a song...











No comments:

Post a Comment