Sunday, March 8, 2020

My Favorite Things


Thought I'd venture off into Jazz and pay tribute to my favorite piano player, who left this mortal coil two days ago. McCoy Tyner was a special talent. Most might know him for his work with John Coltrane.
I first fell in love with John Coltrane's recording of 'My Favorite Things' when I was ten years old. Drove my father crazy, asking him to play it over and over again. One of the benefits of being the daughter of a horn player. And sure, I fell in love with Coltrane's saxophone, but it was McCoy Tyner's piano that carried me off into worlds that I had never imagined before listening to this work of wonder.  


            
Fair passage to the Land of the Ancestors, Mr Tyner.  You will be missed.  

                                               
                                  











You can find the full album here






No comments:

Post a Comment