Friday, February 15, 2019

Siri has Alzheimer's

So I'm cruisin' down the road, 15 miles over the speed limit as usual, and decide to turn on the radio. It comes on right in the middle of an excellent tune that I want to know the name of. So I reach for my phone, eyes darting from the road to the phone to fire up Siri, and I ask her to identify the song. So far, so good.
Now comes the tricky part.

I have to fumble for a pen and paper to write it down (assuming I was lucky enough to get Siri to even know what the song was), and now I find myself careening into oncoming traffic. Needless to say, I die in a fiery crash, and I blame Siri.

Has this ever happened to you? Of course it has. Your funeral was beautiful.

But there is a solution - Shazam.

With Shazam, you just tap the Shazam symbol, and not only is the song identified, but you have the option of getting the video and lyrics right on your screen with the tap of a finger, as well as other songs by the same artist. But the best feature is that it remembers the songs you've looked up, so you can wait until you're safely in the garage to make note of them.

Shazam is available in the App Store. I know...shameless plug.

So, since yesterday was Valentine's Day, I'll open with this, although I actually wanted to make this evening's thread topic "Anti-Valentine's Day". I think I'll still go in that direction, playing tunes that express my love for thing other than my Valentine.


No comments:

Post a Comment